Traits of Long-Term Pastorates.The median tenure of a pastor at a church is around 4 years. This means more than half of pastors leave a church before their 4th anniversary. LifeWay Research shows that the time of greatest fruit in a pastor’s ministry does not begin until somewhere around years 5 to 7.
Here are traits of longer term pastors:
1) They pray daily for their church members and staff.
2) They view their family as their first line of ministry.
3) They connect with and love people in their community.
4) They choose their battles carefully and wisely.
5) They welcome structures that make them accountable.
6) They spend time developing staff.
7) They expect conflict and criticism.
8) They connect with other pastors and ministries in the community.
9) They affirm both theology and practical ministry.
10) They ask long-term questions.
(Tom Rainer, ChurchLeaders 10/22/14)
Paul G Cameron
Executive Director – General Manager
91.9 Appleton/Oshkosh (101.7 Fond du Lac, 101.7 Ripon)
91.5 Green Bay (95.5 Two Rivers/Manitowoc)
88.5 Wausau/Stevens Point (94.1 Antigo, 107.3 Waupaca)
p) 920-749-9364 ext 1030
1909 W Second St
Appleton WI, 54914
Visit our website and listen on-line: www.thefamily.net